Sunday, December 09, 2007

My Oma



Can you believe it, blogging twice this week. I just wanted to blog about my Oma and post a few pictures of her. My Oma is almost 95 years old. When we went to Europe in September we got to see her. The girls loved her so much and John was so amazed with her. She is an amazing lady. I wish I could see her again soon. While we were in Holland we made sure we spend time with her everyday, and I know she loved it. She is moving into a Senior's home just before Christmas which I know will be so much better for her. I miss her so much, she is just such a wonderful lady and I enjoyed our visit so much. The hardest thing was to say goodbye, cause I don't know when we will be back in Holland. Vayda realized the same thing, so it was really emotional to say goodbye.

3 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Beth said...

She looks amazingly young, energetic and beautiful. Glad you and the family got to spend time with her in September.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger K said...

Thanks for the pictures this morning. This one of Oma Oma is great. We werent sure where to send her Christmas card this year, so we just sent it to Cor. Hope she gets it.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Rene said...

Hi Jolanda,

Little chance you remember me, but to keep it short:
In March 2007 we had a reunion for all (old)members of V&K-Stenen Man Harlingen.
We created a website for all photo and video material of that day and some digitalised scrapbook material.
I saw an old (scanned)newspaper-article about you, got curious how you are and ended up at your blog.
Anyway, if you like to see what became of us in Holland, take a glance at the reunion website and if you got curious about who wrote this, www.renetta.nl might do the trick ;).

Cheerio,

Rene Zijlstra
P.S.: Like to see that your oma is still in such a great shape!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home