Monday, April 09, 2007

I am Back!!!!

Well, it has been about two weeks since my last post. I can't believe this is post # 100. Time flies. We are back in the sunny Okanagan and so happy. Life is good. I guess you don't realize how good things are until you go away and then come back. Family, friends and beautiful scenery. What else can you ask for.

So much has happened in the past couple weeks. The drive down was really good, the girls did awesome. Even without movies. My dad came up and drove the U-haul down eventhough he wasn't feeling good. Our friends Dwila and Curtis were a really great help for us. Dwila took the girls and Curtis helped John and my dad fill up the U-haul. Thanks so much to your family, we appreciate it very much. Our girls miss your girls so much. We hope to see you this summer. Denean, you and your sister are really good friends, we are going to miss you guys so much.

The day after we arrived Vayda started soccer which she enjoyed so much. It sure was nice to see everyone at the soccer field. We unpacked a few things that afternoon (Thanks dad for your help) That evening we went and had a hotdog roast out in the bush with Steve and Sandra (so glad we can do that again) It sure is nice, the girls love the outdoors. On Sunday we unpacked the U-haul (thanks to Steve and Sandra)

Vayda started school on Monday morning and she had a big smile on her face when I picked her up in the afternoon. Vayda loves being back here in the Okanagan.

On Wednesday we received a phone call from my brother Andy. He announced that he is getting married to Amie. (check out her blog - I don't know how to do the link) They are getting married in September in England, so we are all going on a trip to England. We are so excited and happy for them. Yeah!!!!!!

During the week last week we unpacked and re packed to go camping. We left on Thursday afternoon and came home on Sunday afternoon. We had such a blast. The girls played all weekend. Only stopped to go to the bathroon and eat, and ofcourse bedtime.

It was so nice to go camping with all of our good friends. We all just relaxed while the kids played. It was John's birthday on Friday so we celebrated it out in the woods.

I took some really good pics this weekend, but I don't have my computer hooked up yet, so it will have to wait. I haven't blogged for so long, but I am going to catch up with everyone now that I have some time (thanks to my mom's computer)

Hope everyone is doing well.

10 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Hay guys we're really excited about meeting you all and our home is open to anyone and everyone! (there may be a fight for beds but that's cool!) Nidge and I have really enjoyed getting to know Andy....and are thrilled for him and Amie!

Glad your move went well and Happy Birthday John!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Angella said...

Welcome home! Can't wait for you guys to be my neighbours!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Vicki said...

Glad you're there safe and sound...but man, wish I was with you. And congrats on getting a new sister in law!!!!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Leanna said...

Welcome back! I bet it is nice to be home again. You guys are having quite the exciting year..England will be fun!

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

Hey! I heard that you were back. I've just entered this world of blogging, so it's fun to see what you've been up to, and not just hear from everyone else. Looking forward to seeing you.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Chris ;o) said...

Didn't get a chance to talk to you yet even though I saw you at tumble time, but Seth is now a 'crazy' two year old so all my attention was on him. But it's nice to see you back in Summerland again!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger K said...

Even though I saw you yesterday I will still say hi! :)

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Anita said...

Glad you are back too...and that all worked out for Vayda at school.

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Amie said...

Glad things are working out so great. I have sent a couple of bridesmaid dresses over with Andy to give to your parents when he sees them next week so the girls can see them and get some idea of whether you think they'll fit. I guess it's a little presumptuous as I haven't asked them if they want to be my bridesmaid/flower girl yet but I'm thinking it's a pretty safe bet that they will want to.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Poetsch Family said...

For sure they would love to. Vayda asked me the other day "Who is going to be the flower girl at the wedding" Too cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home