Monday, December 12, 2005

How times have changed



On Saturday morning we went to the Kids Peerless Christmas party. The girls were so excited to see Santa. (he usually makes a quick visit) There were about 30 kids there, they had so much fun playing hockey, and ball.

They took turns to sit on Santa's lap. Vayda ofcourse no problem. Tessa on the other hand wasn't too sure. She cried when we got close, even when Santa gave her a candy cane, she wasn't sure about him. She said "nandy, thank you" while crying.

When we opened up the envelope (with the nandy on the outside of it), each child received a Wal-mart shopping card. John told Vayda that she had received a credit card. (not knowing what a credit card really is) Vayda was so excited she told everyone, guess what? "Santa gave me a credit card". I don't think I ever said that when I was a little girl.

We had to go to Wal-mart right after the party (bad idea on a Saturday 2 weeks before x-mas) but I just couldn't say no. Vayda finally picked out a Barbie puzzle, Barbie book, and a Princess nighty. (30 minutes later) By the time we left, Tessa had about enough, she was screaming and kicking. I just had a fantastic afternoon of shopping. (lol)

Atleast I got to go scrapbooking that night. Six hours of scrapbooking away from my kids. We had a great night.

1 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger K said...

Hi Jolanda. Your pictures are cute as always. Santa IS a big hairy scary guy, especially when your not even 2! We had to run to Walmart today. Aidan says, "I'll go on the back of the cart so I can keep my eye on you."
nice. I always say "Hold my hand so I dont slip" or "so mommy doesnt get lost" so I know where he got that from!
TC- kelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home