Monday, December 19, 2005

George Canyon Concert

I am so excited I have to blog about it. It is 11:30 on Sunday evening, and I am wired. Thank goodness my mom and dad have the girls, so I can sleep in. Unfortunately, John has to get up at 5:30 to go to work - so he is off to bed.

Tonight John and I went to the George Canyon Concert at the Pen-Hi Auditorium. We started off by going for dinner at Earls (Cajun Chicken Caesar for me and Chicken Hunan Chun Pow for John) We always get the same thing when we go there, cause we love it so much. After dinner we went to Wal-mart (no kids) to get the last few things we needed for Christmas.

Then off to the concert. It was a Christmas Concert. They did such a fantastic job, I can't even describe it. We were so close to the stage, and because it was such a small setting (up close and personal) it was the best concert we have ever been to (we have been to quite a few). The sound was awesome, they put on a great show. There was a storyteller, who told some really touchy Christmas stories. George sang some Christmas songs, and some from his cd's and also some new music. Dave Gunning came out to join George Canyon. They grew up together, and they have recorded some music together. He has such an amazing voice as well. I can't believe we haven't heard much about him. We bought his cd, and noticed that he wrote most of the songs on the cd. He is very talented.

After the concert, we bought the cd's and got Dave Gunning and George Canyon's autograph. We got to chat with them for a few minutes. It must be so weird for them, that people (like us) want their signature. It was just nice to chat with them. It seemed as though Dave Gunning was a little uncomfortable with signing his cd's. I would be too, cause it is kind of weird, if you think about. They are just normal people like you and I.

But anyways, it was a fantastic concert, and I would recommend anyone to go buy their cd's - George Canyon and Dave Gunning. We were very impressed.

Now we can start counting down to the Brad Paisley concert in Kamloops on January 19th. We'll be going with Heidi and Steve. I can't hardly wait.

Now it is almost 12:00, I am still wired.

3 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Sounds like it was a great time. I'm glad because I know you were looking forward to it.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Angella said...

I was just as wired after BNL. Here's to great music!!

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger K said...

Glad you had a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home