Monday, November 27, 2006

Christmas Party

On Saturday evening, John and I went to the Patch Point Christmas party. We didn't think we were going to a Christmas party this year cause John now is a sub-contractor. I was so excited when we were invited cause this meant a night out for us. John's sister came from Pouce Coupe (just outside of Dawson Creek) to watch the girls for us.

We ended up sitting at a table with normal people (you just never know who you end up sitting with). We had so much fun, we laughed a lot and ate good food. By the end of the night we were invited to learn how to two step, and to a pot luck supper on Friday evening. I am so happy that we ended up going to the party cause we probably would not have met all those nice people.

It is still really cold here. There was a windchill warning today. They were saying that frost bite could happen within minutes, Yikes. John was working in a heated shop for a few days, but now he is back outside, I certainly wouldn't be able to do that. He said it was -37 without the windchill today. It seems funny that everything just keeps going when it is that cold, including everyone's vehicles. By the end of the week it is supposed to be getting a bit warmer, -20 ish.

I am starting the countdown until Christmas. I really enjoy being up here, but I sure miss everyone back home. Hope that everyone had a good weekend.

4 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Angella said...

Again, BRRRRR!!!

Glad you met some nice people though :)

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger K said...

-20? you must be sweating! That's a heat wave! I talked to your mom and she said they dont close the schools up there although the ones in Vancouver are closed. i guess it is because they are used to that cold up north where you are. I dont know if I could get used to it. Oh wait, I did. I remember waiting for the city bus in saskatoon at -45.

There must be lots of crafting and hot chocolate going around at your place. I think it was -12 here yesterday. My van door was frozen OPEN. It wouldnt latch! But it sure looks beautiful when it is all snowy.

Cant wait to see you guys soon.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Well we have a balmy -31 this morning here in Vanderhoof. It's cold enough for me. My dad called my mom from out in the bush (he's a log truck driver) and said there's were places out on the logging roads reading -47. Enough to freeze your bits, that's for sure. Have a cup of hot chocolate add some baileys and cuddle up.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Glad youmet some nice people. No school for the kids today, the district closed...so I have all my girls home. Keep bundled. Talk to you later, maybe???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home