Friday, October 06, 2006

We made it.

I can't believe it is Friday already. Our internet finally got hooked up today. Telus made a mistake and did not hook the internet up. Don't they know that living up here away from everything and everyone I know I am going to need internet.

Our trip was actually pretty good. We didn't leave Summerland until 3:00 in the afternoon on Monday. The girls did really well. Tessa even had a nap for up, almost 2 hours while Vayda watched movies. We made it to Quesnell at around 9:30, we stayed with our good friends Char-lynn and Jeremy. It was so nice to stay with them and to get to see them and their 3 kids. We got on the road again at around 10:30 am on Tuesday and we stopped at Costco in Prince George for some groceries. We made it to our new house at around 5 ish. A total of about 12 hours of driving.

Vayda started school on Wednesday morning. I stayed with her until 11:30. I think I was more worried and nervous than she was. She seems to like her new school, but is a little scared and nervous. She refused to bring Show and Tell cause she did not want to stand up and talk in front of everyone. Poor girl, I know it will take just a little while for her to get used to our new life up here, but it still breaks my heart to know that she had to leave all of her good friends behind. But before we know it we will be moving back to the not so cold Okanagan.

John has taken some time off so we can get settled in our new house, which is taken a long time. This place is huge compared to our place back home. I will post some pics this weekend.

Anyways, time to make some lunch. Just thought I would update everyone. Yes, we are doing just fine, happy to be together.

6 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Keep the posts coming. It will be almost like you are still here!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

I am glad you found time to fill us in. Things here have been crazy, but I can't wait to talk to you. Vayda, you and Megan now have something very special in common. Moving away and making new friends at a new school. You're going to do great, kiddo! We miss you all. So glad you made it here before you left:)

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Angella said...

Glad you made it safely! Hope you all get settled in quickly :)

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

It can be quite scary to be a new kid in school but, I am sure Vayda will be just fine!
Glad to hear that you are settling in at your new place, can't wait to see the pictures.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Leanna said...

Hope everything goes smoothly for you! Sounds like Vayda will have no trouble settling in. I know what you mean about being harder on the mom then the child..I always am way more emotional.
Good Luck!
Leanna

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Amie said...

so good to hear you are all there safe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home