Friday, May 26, 2006

How many push-ups can you do????

Me, not enough. The other night at Pilates Lisa Halquist informed us at how many push-ups you should be able to do. If you are 30 (which will be me in less than a month) you are supposed to be able to do 45. If you are in your twenties you add on 5 and if you are in you fourties you subtract 5 and fifties you subtract another 5. So my mission is to be able to 45 by the end of the summer. At this point I can do around 25 and 30 on a good day (by the way they are knee push ups). So I thought I would share this interesting info with everyone. Have a good day.

6 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Amie said...

can you do 5 reps of 10 with a few second break inbetween or is that constant....I think maybe I'm in trouble?!?

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I seriously can't do one. One sec. Let me try again. Are we talking ladies or mens?

Ok, I can do 3 REALLY CRAPPY mens. My arms hardly bend. How bad is that?!?!

;)

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh- I missed the part where you said "knee push ups". I probably still couldn't do as many as you.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Poetsch Family said...

I believe it is constant. Little breaks would be a great idea.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Jen F said...

Ok so I thought I was commenting but I actually sent you an email... I'll learn. I just tried the push ups and I can do 10 - dont think the break will help, my arms are now jello!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Jen F said...

Gonna have to change my post name - I see there are already 2 Jens... arent we popular!! I will try to change it to Jennifer. This is kinda fun! My blog is
j-rfunk.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home