Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Birthday





Yesterday was my niece's 13th Birthday. I can't believe Aliah is already a teen. Time flies. She is such a beautiful girl and she is so talented just like her mom.
I don't know how to do the link but check out their site - Kelly -

We also had another birthday in our family yesterday. My Oma who lives in The Netherlands turned 94 yesterday. All of our family got together for a party like they do every year. One of these times we would love to join them. I haven't seen my Oma for over 5 years. She met Vayda when she was just about one, but she has never met Tessa. When Tessa is a little older we will be going over to Europe for a vacation. John's family lives over in Czech Republic, so we will have lots of visiting to do.

Today is another beautiful day in Fort St John. Sunny like always, only about -10 or so. I had to again dig my way out of my driveway this morning. More snow again.

John left for camp on Friday morning to help out his buddy Dale. They didn't have cell service so I didn't talk to him Friday night - which really sucks. It is always a relieve when they call from camp, cause you never know where they will have service.

So John had been waiting to get called out for a few weeks now, and guess what, he received two calls yesterday for work. With no cell service there was no way to get a hold of him. Bad timing, but maybe this means there is going to be more work. He might be home tonight, not too sure.

Us girls had a night out last night. We went to Jen and Katie's house for a Spice Party. The kids all played downstairs and us ladies were upstairs eating. Can't get better than that.

Jen and I are taking the girls skating this afternoon, which should be fun. Tonight is a good tv night, cause Funniest Home Videos and Extreme Home makeovers is on. yeah.

The pictures I attached - John took, and I was very impressed with them. Good thing he has a camera in his truck. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

5 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Anita said...

The weather has been great here too...yesterday I actually got to run outside! And it was warm! We are hoping to see you guys again soon!! If John keeps getting called out to work, it might be longer!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Beth said...

I find it so strange that you guys still have snow! We got to spend sometime with Andy this week-end which was so much fun...we've posted a few photos but we didn't take as many good ones as we thought...sorry!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Happy Birthday to Aliah and your Oma! Sounds like things are looking up on the work front. I know you called a couple minutes ago but I was on the phone with Megan's teacher. I'll be calling you back shortly!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Gritta Nottelman said...

We updated our blog with Oma's picture. Have a look!!!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Angella said...

Good news about the work! And they ARE great photos. Glad you guys are doing well :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home