Monday, February 20, 2006

where do I begin?

There are so many things going on in our life right now, it is crazy. Most I can't blog about yet. (Sorry) Very busy and too many decisions too make. We are going to take it day by day and see what happens. (All good things don't worry)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

OUR girls are a sweet, thoughtful, impatient, beautiful, jealous, fantastic, kind, lovable kids (lol). I am so proud of them . Some days I wonder how can I get through the day today? Boy, it is hard being a mom. Don't get me wrong I love staying at home with my girls and being a mom and wife. It is probably the hardest job I have every had to do, and I don't get paid for it - how does that make sense. I get paid with love (again lol)

Vayda has lost two teeth in the past week. I can't even believe it my self. Both times the teeth came out while eating a cookie. So we have had a visit from the toothfairy, and we will be waiting for her tonight. Vayda is so thrilled to finally have those two teeth gone, because for the past 2 months her adult teeth have been growing in behind her baby teeth. It sure looked funny, I think she thought it was pretty special (which I must agree). Vayda has been a great help to me this week, she has been keeping busy. Enjoying swimming and skating. She is a little mermaid who can skate - way to cute.

Vayda is one of the most thoughtful kids I know, she told me the other day, after having kind of a bad morning "mom, I really appreciate everything you do for me", I started crying ofcourse. These days everything makes me cry - way too emotional. Then the next day she said she wanted to get a haircut. She said "I want to give my hair to Sara-Beth" again I started to cry. Just in case you don't know who Sara-Beth is (we don't really either) but Rascall Flatts (country music) sing a song called "skin" and the song is about a girl (Sara-Beth) who has cancer and who lossed her hair (she has already drawn a picture for Sara-Beth as well which she believes we sent to her before Christmas - I couldn't get myself to tell her that we couldn't actually sent it to her). What can I say she is so caring and thoughtful, I am so proud of her.

Then there is my darling Tessa. I am telling you she is a hoot. It is a good thing she is so darn cute, cause she is a troublemaker. I can't believe how smart she is. I am for sure not looking forward to the teenage years with that one. (actually not looking forward to Vayda being a teen either - what am I going to do?)
Tessa is learning new things all of the time. She loves to read with me and sing. Her other favourite thing to do is count. She was counting with Vayda tonight and she was doing pretty good. She goes past 10 misses a couple here and there but she is getting the idea of it. I find it so amazing to watch them learn new things, especially when they figure things out all by themselves. Her favourite new sayings are "I don't know" "my turn" "more dip please" and "I love you daddy mommy" Today she even said "Vayda, opa oma house hot tub?" Way too cute. She also like her sister has a big heart. Anytime it is time for snack or drink she right away says "Vayda too" So eventhough she is a handful, she is also a pretty awesome kid. We are so blessed to have two healty beautiful girls.

I am also so blessed and lucky to have John in my life. We have been married for 8.5 years and together for 12.5 years. He is the hardest working man I know. He never complains about anything - I do enough complaining for the both of us. I love spending time with our little family, we always have so much fun, it doesn't matter what we do there are lots of laughs and there is lots of love.

Well, that should be enough for the night. Time to watch some more Olympics or maybe just read my book - which by the way is very exciting, I started reading not too long ago. I have never made to time to read, now I absolutely love it. I can't believe it took me this long to get started. I guess there was always something else to do!

4 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Jolanda, that just about made me cry! It sounds like you are extremely happy - which is always great to hear. Thanks for that!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Amie said...

Your family sounds so wonderful Jolanda. I love hearing about the girls, I'm almost starting to feel like I know them a little already. I'm really looking forward to meeting you all very soon, for real. That's really amazing that Vayda understnads the 'Sara-Beth' song so well, it took me a few tries to explain the song to my Mum and my friends and they are a lot older. That is so caring of her, very sweet! What books are you reading?

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Angella said...

You have been blessed, indeed!
See you at Tumble Time?

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

I love hearing you talk about your family! It was nice spending time together today, and your kids are both loving and caring...and intuitive... They both told me (at separate times) that they loved me...and I needed to hear that today. And I love them, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home